Admin Web Client Login

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bcorn

Admin Web Client Login

Post by bcorn » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:13 pm

I have installed the Fortress Server and Client for evaluation. The installation went fine - no issues there. However, when I try to log into the Admin Web Client page (using the user admin and the password established during the installation process) I can never actually log in. The page refreshes and the user and password fields are cleared out. I have tried deleting browser history, but no luck there. I know that the user/password combination is accurate, as when I enter an invalid combination I do receive the following message:

Login Failed: The username or password supplied is invalid.

I am hitting the following local URL which seems fine:

http://bcorn_lt/VaultService/VaultWeb/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fVaultService%2fadmin%2fdefault.aspx

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Brian Corn

lbauer

Re: Admin Web Client Login

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:20 pm

The underscore in the server name prevents the login cookie from being saved. Try using the IP address of the machine.

Case 213939
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

KenBirch

Post by KenBirch » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi, I had a similar problem and I used 'localhost' as the domain, as I was on the server at the time, and it worked for me.
Regards Ken

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:02 pm

Yes, that would work on the servermachine for administration. Users who login remotely to the Fortress Web Client may experience the cookie problem though, and should use the IP address.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

AjarnMark

Post by AjarnMark » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Just another idea that worked for us... Create a special DNS name. We have servers with _ in their names, but we created a special DNS entry just for our Fortress installation and we use that instead. It would probably also work with a local Hosts file entry as well, but DNS gives us broader usage.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:39 am

Thanks for the information. I'm sure it can help other users with the same issue. :-)
Linda Bauer
SourceGear