The Check In/Commit transaction failed.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

total

The Check In/Commit transaction failed.

Post by total » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:00 pm

The files in my solution that I have opened from Fortress show a yellow '+' next to them. When I try to commit one of these files I get the message - 'The Check In/Commit transaction failed. See the message pane for details' - but there is no message pane.

I have checked the Fortress bindings and they are correct. Any other suggestions?

regards,

G

lbauer

Re: The Check In/Commit transaction failed.

Post by lbauer » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:11 am

What version of Fortress are you using? What version of Visual Studio? Are you using the Enhanced or Classic Client for integration?

You can see the messages pane if you select View->Output in Visual Studio, provided you're using the Enhanced Client.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

total

Post by total » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:03 pm

I am using a trial version of Fortress 1.1.3 (18336) with Visual Studio 2008 running on Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition - Service Pack 2.
I have set Fortress to run in CVS mode.

When I open a file and edit it then try to check-in it I get the following message:
'There were no items found for check-in'

When I try to 'get latest' of the file the 'To' box is greyed out and I cannot edit it.

When I try to 'Add to Fortress' it is added to the 'Fortress Pending Changes' but when i try to commit i getthe following message:
Beginning transaction
Item $/Websites2/www/ttsales/areadrops.asp caused the transaction to fail: An item with the same name or object id already exists in the selected folder.
Transaction failed

So generally it is not working at all for me....or not in teh way I envisage it should work in CVS mode. I have requested a demo through your web site, but cannot do so at the regular times as we are in Australia. I'm sure a demo would reolve many of teh issues I am encountering but I have not yet heard back from anyone.

Regards,
G

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Contact me at support at sourcegear.com att: Linda. We can set up a remote assist session.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager