Error accessing Admin area or Item Tracking v1.1.3

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Nidonocu

Error accessing Admin area or Item Tracking v1.1.3

Post by Nidonocu » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:22 am

Hey there, following a slightly troublesome update to version 1.1.3 (I had similar issues to those in this thread) I managed to get Fortress working again after an uninstall, restore of backups, then install. Everything seemed fine.

Logging on this morning though I received a strange message that I had an invalid license from the Fortress GUI client (I'm running in free single user mode so there isn't a license to be invalid). Repeated attempts eventually allowed me to login, however, going to the web interface is a different matter.

Accessing the Item Tracking tab results in a fairly empty page and 'An Unknown Error occurred' message. The SourceCode Control tab appears to work as normal. The Admin tab is very broken with it partly loading the left hand navigation list but then partly covering it with the message "Error - Database 'sgdragnet' is already open and can only have one user at a time." that scrolls out of frame, and the right hand pane is empty. Attempting to click any of the slightly visible links at the top of the navigation pane causes another 'An unknown Error occurred' message. I've tried restarting IIS and SQL server, no luck so far.

Config:
  • Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP1.
  • SQL Server Express 2008 (v10).
  • Visual C# Express 2008 as IDE, using Fortress stand-alone client.
  • Single user mode, server and client are the same computer
Nidonocu C:\>

lbauer

Re: Error accessing Admin area or Item Tracking v1.1.3

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:41 am

You said you got Fortress working. Was it working after the upgrade, but now it is not?

I'd like to see copies of yourv installation and server logs. The Vault server log is sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.
Send me a copy of the Vault Server installation log. It's called Vault_install.log and is in your user's temp directory on the server machine. Send them zipped up to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Be sure to provide a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Nidonocu

Post by Nidonocu » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:46 am

That's correct, immediately after install, everything appeared fine. The machine remained on over night and the following morning, the errors started to occur.

I've sent the e-mail as requested, though I was unable to locate a 'vault_install' log. I did however, find a 'fortress_install' log which from checking its contents, appears to be the installation log and I have sent that along with the sgvault.log file.

Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:54 pm

We are currently working off-line on this as case 213736. There appear to be a number of SQL Server connection errors in the log.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Nidonocu

Post by Nidonocu » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:20 pm

Following support over e-mail, we were able to pin this down to the database not being in multiuser mode. The following command fixed the problem:

Code: Select all

ALTER DATABASE sgdragnet SET multi_user
Thank you to Linda and the support team.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:07 am

You're welcome. :)
Linda Bauer
SourceGear