Permissions Not Applied for Some Users

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jmercker

Permissions Not Applied for Some Users

Post by jmercker » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:20 am

I have kind of an odd problem in fortress 1.1.2.

The pattern is summarized below. Actual names of things are changed for simplicity.

I've assigned RCA rights to a folder in source control ("$/Folder1") to a group "Group1" and then assigned two users "User1" and "User2" to that group.

When the users log in using the fortress client (version 1.1.2, running on Windows Server 2003 in a VPC VM), they cannot see the folder. They can see and otherwise access other folders that they have rights to.

I've checked in the admin site to verify that the assignment/permissions appears under the group, the users in question are members of the group, and according to the admin site, the users have effective permissions of RCA on the $/Folder1 folder through their group membership.

I've had them log off + log back in on their clients and still no access to the folder. I have 2 other users who are in the group and they can access the folder fine.

Here's the weird part. If I have the problem users log in on my fortress client (version 1.1.2, running on Vista Enterprise 32bit) using their same credentials, they can see and otherwise access the folder.

This clearly appears to be a client issue, but I'm not sure exactly how it's come about. I've tried looking for any settings on the client that may influence this, but have found none. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeramie
Jeramie

Beth

Re: Permissions Not Applied for Some Users

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:53 pm

As a test, I would have them close all instances of Vault and Visual Studio, then rename their Client Side Cache. Then have the users try to connect again. Can they see the folders then? If not, then you can return the previous cache.

The second thing I'd have you try is to perform an iisreset on your server by going to Start - Run and typing iisreset. This will disconnect everyone from the web services, so you may need to do this at a convenient time to avoid interruption. Have the user connect again.

Then let me know your results.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

jmercker

Post by jmercker » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:04 pm

That did it (client cache). Thanks for the help!

Jeramie

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:37 pm

Thanks for the update. If there was any information needed from the cache, let me know. Otherwise, if the user is happen, then that person is good to go.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support