noob pre-sales question

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Gerald

noob pre-sales question

Post by Gerald » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:43 pm

I am a long time Vault User, still using a 2.x version for my team of 8. I am looking to upgrade and trying to understand fortress.

We use mixed IDE's, so we have gotten used to just using the Vault client interface.

Is it true in Fortress, if I don't use a specific IDE I don't get both tools (vault + item tracking) in a single interface? It seems I have to log into Fortress Vault client to check items in/out then to the fortress web client to mark an item completed. That does not sound very integrated or convenient.

Am I just missing the big picture?

Thanks
Gerald

lbauer

Re: noob pre-sales question

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:30 am

Which IDEs are you using?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:00 pm

You can see bugs and fix bugs on checkin with the Fortress GUI Client. To see bugs in the GUI Client under View->Browse Fortress Items.

When you checkin files, you have the option to associate the checkin with items in the item tracking system. You can browse to items in the checkin dialog.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Gerald

Post by Gerald » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:06 am

Thank you,

We have developers using Gupta Team Developer, DreamWeaver, Crystal Reports, and Visual Studio.

Thanks
Gerald

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:00 am

If you have Visual Studio 2005 or 2008, you can use the Fortress enhanced client to see your bugs in Visual Studio and also marked them closed on check in.

Fortress also supports integration with Dreamweaver, although you cannot see bugs from within Dreamweaver.

For the other two IDE's, you would need to use the Vault GUI client, unless you're using Crystal reports within Visual Studio.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear