Work Item Integration

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

germano-silva

Work Item Integration

Post by germano-silva » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:08 am

Hi,

I just upgraded to Fortress from Vault and I am now trying to figure out how to best use Fortress, especially when it comes to assigning bugs to developers. Is it possible to for example assign a task to a developer, once that developer start coding have the checked-in code linked to the task as well as when we start testing and reprt bugs, have the bugs automatically assigned to whatever developer was assigned the task.

Thanks
Germano

Beth

Re: Work Item Integration

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:21 pm

have the checked-in code linked to the task
That happens after the task or bug is reported. Then as code is checked in, the developer will enter the bug or task to log it against. It's part of the check-in dialog.
have the bugs automatically assigned to whatever developer was assigned the task
You can assign developers to cover particular categories, so that when one creates a task or bug for a certain category, it's automatically assigned to that developer.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

germano-silva

Post by germano-silva » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:45 pm

I don't see anything in the Check-In dialog to enter a work item number. I'm using the standlone fortress client

germano-silva

Post by germano-silva » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:06 pm

Never mind, I did see it in the fortress client, but we don't see it in Visual Studio 2005. Should it also be available there?

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:35 pm

That option is available when you are using the Enhance Client in VS. In VS - Tools - Options - Source Control you can see what it's set for. If you decide to switch, ask for instructions first rather than just changing the setting.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support