Email notification

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Marcel

Email notification

Post by Marcel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:43 am

Currently I am receiving emails for changes another user has made to a repository in Fortress version control. I want to unsubscribe myself from those emails, but when I look in the Fortress client for the paths that are being watched, no paths are listed. I am thus not able to delete me from the email notification list. How can I fix this problem?

Another question is: why do I receive email notifications for items I am watching when I changed the item myself? This makes no sense, I know what I changed...

Beth

Re: Email notification

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:34 am

Can you check the contents of the notification? Is it possible that it is an Item Tracking notification instead of a notification from a source control check in?

Are you admin?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:30 am

The email notification is about a source control check in, like this:

The changes made are:

$/Software/Docs/Project1/database.mdb -- Checked in
$/Software/Docs/Project1/database.mdb -- Checked in

As you can see in, the file is listed twice. I don't know why.

I am not a member of the admin group, but I checked the email address setup for the admin account. I turns out my email address is configured here. I also checked the email notifications set up for the admin account, but no notifications have been configured. Why do I / does the admin account receive those email notifications?

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:53 am

Is it possible you have just $ listed as a path? I looked at my test installation and was thinking I was having the same thing happen until I noticed I had it set to watch $. It's easy to miss.
Beth Kieler

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:03 am

Thank you for your suggestion. I looked at it more closely and it turns out there is some refreshing issue within the Fortress client. When I first startup the client, no email address and watched paths are listed in the email tab. When I click on a folder in the repository, the watched paths and email address are displayed where it was blank before. So I was actually watching some folders, but could not "see" it !

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:33 am

I tested the email notification feature again and I still receive email notifications for items I changed myself. This is not very practical of course. I believe there was some change request on this topic elsewhere. So please add my vote to this request.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:57 am

Thanks for the update. I have added your vote.
Beth Kieler