CCNet Plugin 1.1.3

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

BigBrett

CCNet Plugin 1.1.3

Post by BigBrett » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:52 am

I have downloaded and installed Fortress Server and Client 1.1.3 on our build server. The client and server are both working. I tried to set up CruiseControl.NET to use the new CCNet plugin but am having problems using it.

I tried using the stored login settings (using vault REMEMBERLOGIN) but the plugin does not seem to recognise this. This is the error from the CC.Net server:

2008-09-17 12:37:35,718 [ERROR] INTERNAL ERROR: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: vaultHost

Adding in host to the configuration brought up a new error message:

2008-09-17 12:38:40,375 [ERROR] INTERNAL ERROR: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: vaultUser

I tried different combinations of omitting host, repository and username/password but the only thing that seems to work is defining all 4 of those items in the CC.Net configuration (which defeats the purpose of REMEMBERLOGIN, using the default CC.Net source control plugin I can successfully omit host and username/password).

This however brings up a new error on the CC.Net server:

2008-09-17 12:41:19,046 [ERROR] Vault Login Failed: The server uses a protocol that is not supported by this client.

Any advice on how to proceed from here ?

lbauer

Re: CCNet Plugin 1.1.3

Post by lbauer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:18 am

Did you specify vaultplugin or fortressplugin in your config file?

See if this post helps:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 83&p=43835
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:28 am

Thanks Linda, I did have "vaultplugin" specified instead of "fortressplugin" as I had simply copied the sample from the ReadMe.txt file supplied with the plugin and changed items relevant to our situation.

The plugin can now log in, we will see how it goes further.

Regards,
Brett

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:13 am

Glad you got that sorted out. Let us know if you run into anything else.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:00 am

One thing I have noticed is that the plugin seems to get a hell of a lot of files for a minor modification. In my case 2 modifications (two files changed) were detected but 5,508 files were fetched from Fortress.

Is this by design as I see the plugin works on a folder version ? I am using the same settings as when we used the command line client plugin which are as follows:

<sourcecontrol type="fortressplugin" autoGetSource="true" applyLabel="false" cleanCopy="false">

The previous plugin would have fetched just the two modified files.

Regards,
Brett

shannon

Post by shannon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:58 am

I'm looking into this now. Can I get a look at your config file? (you can email it to shannon at sourcegear dot com) Are there messages in the server log telling you it's fetching the files or are you going by file modification times? If it's the server log, send me that too, if you can.

shannon

Post by shannon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:39 pm

Check the value for useWorkingDirectory. If you have this set to false, Fortress is going to treat this as a get to a non-working folder, getting everything all the time. If you set it to true, it will do a working folder get, and store the data it needs to determine what files have changed and only download those files.

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:45 pm

Thanks Shannon, useWorkingDirectory was set to false as it had been when using the commandline plugin. Changing the setting to true has fixed the problem.

Regards,
Brett

shannon

Post by shannon » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:07 am

Great, let us know if you have any other issues or questions.

--Shannon