Show diff side

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Xavier

Show diff side

Post by Xavier » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:44 am

Hello,

I'm a bit surprised:
when I do a recursive diff on a project, the repository is on the right side the working dir on the left
In fact it seems the working directory is on the right when the file is checked out, on the left when it's checked in. I'm really not used to that (with VSS the working is alsways on the right).

Is it a bug, the expected behavior, can it be changed/configured ?

Other related question in the pending change set, I don't know, but sometimes the show diff made a show diff of all files; though most of the time it's only the selected file. How may the 'all files' diff appear ?

Last remark: would it be possible under Visual Studio to only have the name, or the name relative to the solution; if the pane is tabbed on the right or left side, then we only see the directory ?

Best regards

Xavier
Best regards

Xavier

Beth

Re: Show diff side

Post by Beth » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:54 pm

On your first question, I have to do some checking.
How may the 'all files' diff appear ?
You have to have all select all the items then select the Show Differences from the file menu up top.

Last remark: would it be possible under Visual Studio to only have the name, or the name relative to the solution; if the pane is tabbed on the right or left side, then we only see the directory ?
I can put in a feature request. It would help if you can show a picture and sort of point to how you want it. I'm having a hard time visualizing what you want.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:35 am

Hello

see attached screen
The "same problem" appears with search tab of fortress. I think an option to automatically resize the column to their content would be very practical. As their hold their size between calls, depending on the content, they are often too short.

User interface again:
having the search pane shortcuts (CTL+G:get CTL+F:diff ) would be great
Best regards

Xavier

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:15 am

Back on the first question, I found that for a folder diff, the working folder is on the left and on a file diff the working folder is on the right. I found no difference in whether the file was checked out or not. You can change some of the layout by going to Tools - Options - Diff/Merge in the Fortress GUI client.
User interface again: having the search pane shortcuts (CTL+G:get CTL+F:diff ) would be great
Done.

On the auto-resize, I'll include that in the request in the newer forum thread that's going with your requests.

Thanks for the feedback.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support