How to check in file marked Checked Out Missing

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bmaxey

How to check in file marked Checked Out Missing

Post by bmaxey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:28 pm

I screwed up. I copied files from my project into another project, then installed Fortress, then copied the modified files back into my original project.

Now, in the pending changes window, I am seeing a type of "Checked Out Missing". To make things worse, I tried to move the existing files to an Old folder. I have excluded the old files from the project and I just want to get the new files into the repository. But I am getting that error.

I was thinking I could make a copy of the new files, check out the old ones, overwrite those old files (with the backed up new ones) and then do a check in. Or maybe I need to edit the old files by cutting and pasting the modified code into the checked out files (Maybe they have a file attribute that is needed for the check in...).

Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!

Bob

Beth

Re: How to check in file marked Checked Out Missing

Post by Beth » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:18 pm

I was thinking I could make a copy of the new files, check out the old ones, overwrite those old files (with the backed up new ones) and then do a check in.
I'm not visualizing the problem very well, but I know going the route I quoted from your post works. Give that a try.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

bmaxey

Post by bmaxey » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:58 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Mary. But before I tried that I Committed the files one at a time (on a whim) and it worked. So, all is well.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Thanks for the update.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support