Problem checking in

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

BrokenBokken

Problem checking in

Post by BrokenBokken » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:13 am

We are using the default Edit/Merge/Commit (CVS) settings.

I am having this problem on Vista Home Premium Sp1, 32 bit, Visual Studio 2008 Professional. I am running VS as Administrator.

If I right click the project to do a checkin it shows all the files I have modified. When I check them in, the changes are not comitted, but it acts as if they are. If I right click on the project and try to check in it still shows all the files I just "checked in".

If I do the same process, but check in a single file, it works fine. If I use the pending changes addin, it works fine.

lbauer

Re: Problem checking in

Post by lbauer » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:15 pm

I haven't been able to reproduce this.

Does this happen on just this project or other project?

Are there any error messages after the failed checkin? (Enable the messages pane in Visual Studio by selecting View->Output.)
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

BrokenBokken

Post by BrokenBokken » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:39 am

Linda,

We only have 1 project in the system that we are experiencing it with. It is a large .Net 2.0 website.

There are no error messages. If the user did not know of this issue, they would think their files checked in unless they look at the status of the file (still shows it as modified) or the pending changes window, which shows none of the changes checked in.

This also happens if you have multiple changes and try to deselect a single change, and then checkin the rest.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Does this happen to all users or just one user on a specific machine?

If it's specific to a machine, it could be a client-side cache issue.

I'd suggest deleting the client-side cache, as it may be out of sync with the database. Close any open clients first.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6

Let me know if this does not resolve the problem.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager