Not able to get new files when opening project.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

diego01

Not able to get new files when opening project.

Post by diego01 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi,
We are just 2 developers. The problem we are having is that when my partner creates a new file as part of the the project, it does not automatically load when I open the project on my PC.

I have checked Get Everything in the enhanced client. Even if I force a Get Latest, it does not bring in any new files. This happens obviously both ways in cases where I may add a new file to the project.

We are new to Fortress, any help is appreciated.
I am running Fortress 1.1.2 w/ Enhanced Client on VS 2008 SP1(Beta)

Thanks,
Diego.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 pm

When your co-worker loads that file on their machine, does a lock or green check appear next to it?

If you open a Fortress GUI client on your machine, does that file appear there? If it doesn't, then the user is not committing that add to Vault. They should check their pending check-ins.

diego01

Post by diego01 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:53 am

He is committing everything properly.
When opening the Fortress standalone Client I can see the files and they are tagged as MISSING on my local path.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:22 pm

When opening the Fortress standalone Client I can see the files and they are tagged as MISSING on my local path.
That won't be related to this. You could perform a Get Latest with the Do Not Overwrite/Merge Lager to get those statuses to update.

Can you check the proj file and see if that file is listed? VS will go by what the .sln and proj files say should be present.

Is the other developer adding the file while in VS or is it being added using the Vault GUI client?