VS2008 + Fortress + Silverlight

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

pblaylock

VS2008 + Fortress + Silverlight

Post by pblaylock » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:43 am

Can anbody tell me the correct way to set up a Silverlight project in VS2008 so that it will work with Fortress. The basic problem is that VS2008 creates a Silverlight project and a test web test site project as part of the solution. Building the Silverlight project creates a ClientBin folder in the web site and adds a .xap file to it.

Doing a check in then adds the folder and the file to Fortress. The correct behaviour would be more like the way bin and obj folders are handled, i.e. they are not added to Fortress.

I have tried exluding the ClientBin and *.xap files via the Fortress Web Site Admin screens, but they still end up being checked in. I assume this is because the ClientBin folder is included in the project by VS.

Excluding the folder from project seems to break link between the Silverlight project and the website. You can see this by looking at the properties for the web project, where there is a Silverlight specfic property page. Removing the ClientBin folder removes the Silverlight project details.

Any ideas?

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:14 am

It's a Visual Studio bug that this folder and file are being reported as source code controllable. The workaround is this:

Before checking in, you can remove the pending adds from the pending changes pane (View|Fortress|Fortress Pending Changes) to prevent files from being added to the repository.

If they've already been added, you can delete them from the repository using the stand-alone client.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear