Archive a repository

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

clabough

Archive a repository

Post by clabough » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:44 pm

I would like to suggest a feature to flag a repository as archived/hidden so that it no longer shows on the default repository list. We have a number of projects that are no longer being used and it would be nice to clear them from the list and only see "current" projects.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:43 am

I'll log a feature request for this.

In the meantime, you could rename the repositories, so at least they're all the bottom of the list:

Repository B
Repository C
Repository E
X_Archived A
X_Archived D

etc.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:26 pm

I may have misunderstood what you were asking for. I thought you wanted to cloak the list in the Admin Client.

If you want to remove repositories from view in Visual Studio or the GUI Client, you can do that with repository access settings.

This setting is in the Admin Web Client under Source Control Repositories->(Repository name)->Repository Access. Remove access from users or groups so they won't see the repository list on login.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

clabough

Post by clabough » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:51 am

Admin client would be nice, but not necessary in my case. Using repository access would work for normal users, but for those users that are in the Global:Admin group. Should I only have the admin user in the Global:Admin group and myself and the developers in other groups that rights can be assigned or removed?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Should I only have the admin user in the Global:Admin group and myself and the developers in other groups that rights can be assigned or removed?
That's probably a good idea. You could make other users Repository Admins by giving them Admin access to the "active" repositories.

They won't have access to the Server Settings, though.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear