session timeout bug

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ebinfo

session timeout bug

Post by ebinfo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:08 am

i am using fortress with visual studio 2008, so far the product mainly works good, however i just found out a nasty quirk.

i left my project opened overnight, wanted to come back to it, and it said the session to the server has timed out, and that i would need to login again to work with fortress, which is fine with me considering the time i had left it without working on it.

so i am presented with the login screen, i enter my user and pass, but no go, asks for it again, enter it about 10 times, same deal, then i see the 'work offline' i figured 'ah why not' so i click it. and then it goes into some kind of never ending loop, and then finally the whole IDE dies.

I am using Windows XP Pro 32 bits, Visual Studio 2008

Fortress client for source control is the Enhanced Client, version 1.1.1.18060

The fortress server is located on the same box.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:28 am

Is this reproducible?

Could you send a copy of your Vault Server log that covers the time period when this happened?

Email it to support at SourceGear.com Attn: Linda
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ebinfo

Post by ebinfo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:31 am

i could try to reproduce it if i have an idea of how long the time out is taking to trigger in, so that i can leave the machine alone for that period of time, and also if i coudl be pointed out where the logs are located, as i am a new user of fortress.

ebinfo

Post by ebinfo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:59 pm

i just rebooted my computer and tried to connect and this time try to use the work offline mode right off the bat, and it did not do the endless loop problem i described earlier. so it sounds like more about it being in timeout. next time it occurs i will try to grab a hold of the log file and send to you guys.

ebinfo

Post by ebinfo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:53 am

must have been a fluke, as i left a project opened overnight, and this time it didn't occur. if it happens again i'll be sure to send the copy of the fortress log file.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:00 pm

OK, just let us know when something is logged.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager