Server Application Unavailable

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

LyndaPostal

Post by LyndaPostal » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:06 pm

I've just installed Fortress 1.0.6.15954 ... and I login to eFolkMusic VaultService

and go to my repository. I want to configure Shadow Folders so when I upload changes, they are automatically reflected in my website. when I click on 'Shadow Folders' I get:
Error
Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the error message: --
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

what did I do wrong?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Is there any error in the Event Viewer?

Any error in the Vault Server log? It's sgvault.log in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

LyndaPostal

log

Post by LyndaPostal » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi again Linda :D

we haven't spoken since 2005 (and now I am back ... different app, similar problem) Shadow folders. Here is the log: (actually shortened to the last entry in the log ...)

# SourceGear Vault Server
----1/2/2008 10:10:40 AM sgvaultsystem--()--
System Started
Version 1.0.6.15954
Cache Level = 1
DataBase Buffer Size (KB) = 256
LogFile Path = C:\WINDOWS\Temp\sgvault
Log Level = Quiet
Archive Log = Weekly
ReverseDNS Lookup = True
Maximum HTTP Request Length = 102400
Overwrite Log on Startup = False
Session Timeout = 4320
SGVault Working Directory = C:\WINDOWS\Temp
SGVault Server URL =
Identity = NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at VaultWebLib.VaultShadowFolderService.TestServerConnection()
at VaultService.Admin.ShadowFolders.TestShadowFolderServiceConnection(String shadowFolderServiceUrl)
at VaultService.Admin.ShadowFolders.TestShadowFolderServiceConnection()
at VaultService.Admin.ShadowFolders.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at VaultWebLib.VaultShadowFolderService.TestServerConnection()
at VaultService.Admin.ShadowFolders.TestShadowFolderServiceConnection(String shadowFolderServiceUrl)
at VaultService.Admin.ShadowFolders.TestShadowFolderServiceConnection()
at VaultService.Admin.ShadowFolders.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
----1/2/2008 3:11:53 PM lynda--75.116.32.38(75.116.32.38)--SSL Disabled Login
----1/2/2008 3:31:03 PM lynda--75.116.32.38(75.116.32.38)--SSL Disabled Logout
----1/2/2008 3:40:02 PM lynda--75.116.32.38(75.116.32.38)--SSL Disabled Logout
Last edited by LyndaPostal on Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

LyndaPostal

what version of the .Net runtime is this app using?

Post by LyndaPostal » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:59 pm

it's running under v2.0.50727 according to the ASP.NET tab in the properties dialog ... (could that be the problem??)

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:29 pm

I sent you an email through out Help system regarding changing the URL in the plugin table -- did you try that?

Or you could try deleting and recreating the Shadow Folder virtual directory in IIS. Perhaps it's pointing to the wrong spot.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

LyndaPostal

Post by LyndaPostal » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:38 pm

yes I did, and it worked perfectly ... I forgot to reply to you ... too busy getting it all to work again. You are a magic person

:) Lynda