Exporting Dragnet portion of database

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

trochford

Exporting Dragnet portion of database

Post by trochford » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:20 am

We have recently upgraded from Vault and Dragnet to Fortress 1.0.5, and are now trying to move our database to a new machine. However, Fortress isn't associating correctly with the restored database on the new machine, even after several attempts and reinstalls.

To get around this problem, we are trying to use Export/Import to move the data. This works for the Vault portion, but I can't find a way to do it for the Dragnet portion. Do you have any tools (or ideas) for exporting and importing Dragnet data?

Thanks.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:19 pm

I don't have a tool readily available, so let's see what's going on with your databases first. If you have the databases, you shouldn't ever need to take the drastic measure of an export/import to move them. If you have backups available, I can get you moved over to the new server. Do you have those?

trochford

Database is running again

Post by trochford » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:39 pm

Thanks for your response, Beth. We finally got the database going on the fourth or fifth try without having to resort to exporting and importing, so we're all set now.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:52 pm

OK. If you need some help or want to run it past me to make sure it's ok, just send an email through to support at sourcegear.com with a link to this forum thread. What kind of error was it giving you?