Problems with Shadow Folder “Edit” in 3.5.2

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

davenovak

Problems with Shadow Folder “Edit” in 3.5.2

Post by davenovak » Tue May 15, 2007 9:00 am

After converting my Vault database from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 and rebooting, I wanted to change the timestamp for existing shadow folders from Current Time (the only option available under 3.5.1) to Modification Time. So I selected an item in the list, clicked Edit, changed time to Modification Time, hit OK and the following error in Figure 1 popped up. This error repeated each time I tried to edit an existing item. The only way I could make it go away was to create a new, dummy shadow folder entry. Then editing seemed to work fine (for the most part).

The other problem I ran into showed up after I switched to a different repository (i.e., having finished editing in repository “Documents”, I switched to repository “Development” and clicked Configure Shadow Folders). Here, the problem was it seemed to think I was still in the “Documents” repository while trying to edit shadow items under “Development”. This error is shown in Figure 2. The "workaround" here is to click on the New… button, Browse within the repository, and then hit Cancel. Editing works fine after that.

I’m not sure who QA’d this new feature, but I found both of these problems within 30 minutes of converting to 3.5.2.
Attachments
ShadowFolderEditConfusedAboutRepository.JPG
Figure 2: Shadow Folder Confused About Repository
ShadowFolderEditConfusedAboutRepository.JPG (97.64 KiB) Viewed 4791 times
ShadowFolderEditError.JPG
Figure 1: Shadow folder Edit error
ShadowFolderEditError.JPG (36.54 KiB) Viewed 4791 times

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue May 15, 2007 5:03 pm

On those files that you updated for the shadow folders, can you perform a regular get on them through the Vault GUI ok? I ran a few tests and so far I can't reproduce the same problem.

Still working on the second part...

davenovak

Post by davenovak » Tue May 15, 2007 6:21 pm

Yes -- a regular Get works fine on these items. Keep in mind I did mention that I got this first case to work correctly after creating a dummy Shadow Folder entry. Funny thing, I too can no longer reproduce this case. It might be a one-time error that shows up right after converting the database but before adding any new Shadow Folder entry.

Please note that I have been able to reproduce both errors on two totally seperate databases (my Vault db and a company that I consulted for last week, who I helped upgrade to Vault 3.5.2).