FailDBConn after upgrading to 3.5.2

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

kfox

FailDBConn after upgrading to 3.5.2

Post by kfox » Wed May 02, 2007 2:02 pm

The company I work for is planning on moving from Vault Server 3.1.9 to 3.5.2. On a test machine, using a blank database set, the upgrade itself seems flawless, however, when attempting to log into the Vault Admin program, I get the message "The Vault Server could not establish a connection to the database. Please check the server's log for detailed information. (FailDBConn)". And in the Server logs

"----5/3/2007 3:59:38 AM
dmin--covkfox01.covarity.com(10.1.0.123)--SSL Disabled Could not load connect string. There is probably an error with the encrypted password for the sgvaultuser database user. Contact technical support at http://support.sourcegear.com
----5/3/2007 3:59:38 AM admin--covkfox01.covarity.com(10.1.0.123)--SSL Disabled Vault Failed to establish a connection to the database."

I've done my research on this issue, and can't find any straight forward resolutions. Repairing the install does seem to do the trick, but I would like to know why this is happening, thanks
:)

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed May 02, 2007 3:43 pm

It probably has to do with the test environment, copying over the web service, and how encryption is handled by installations vs. upgrades.

If you want to test this out, you should:

A) Get the database up on the test SQL Server
B) Install the version of Vault (3.1.9) you are currently using, keep the database when prompted.
C) Run the installation of the upgrade (3.5.2).
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear