Vault 3.5.2 Install Questions

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

davenovak

Vault 3.5.2 Install Questions

Post by davenovak » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:10 am

When installing Vault 3.5.2, I presume the order is first update the Server and then update clients using client install link from the Vault sever. That all seems plain enough.

But, when installing the Server, do I first need to uninstall Vault 3.5.1 before installing 3.5.2 or can I simply install 3.5.2 over the existing installation?

Same question for the client: can I install the Vault 3.5.2 update over the existing Vault 3.5.1 client?

Finally, any problem running the 3.5.1 client against 3.5.2 server? My guess is "No", except you won't get any of the new client features.

Thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:05 am

You should be able to upgrade by running the Vault 3.5.2 installer over your existing installation, whether it be Vault server or Vault client. You don't need to uninstall first,*unless* you had been using the Vault 3.5.2 Preview.

The Vault 3.5.1 client will work with the 3.5.2 server, but for best results we recommend Vault client and server be the same version. As you pointed out, there were bug fixes and enhancements that wouldn't be available in the 3.5.1 client.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager