3.5.2 upgrade problem with Email Notification settings

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Don Thimsen

3.5.2 upgrade problem with Email Notification settings

Post by Don Thimsen » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:35 pm

Similar problem to the Shadow Folder configuration being overlaid. On this one, I didn't feel confident enough to restore the vault.config file. So, I just re-entered the SMTP info from the vault admin application. It's now working.

Any idea why both configuration files would get clobbered?

Note: This is a Win2000 Server with all service and windows updates applied.

Also, the only thing that I might be doing that is a little unusual is that I'm using a Remote Desktop Connection (Terminal Services) to update the server. However, this is always how I've done the updates in the past....

Thanks,
Don

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:52 pm

This is a bug we found in the installer on WinXP and based on your report, Win2000. The virtual directory is being deleted and recreated. The installer works properly on Win2003. We're fixing this installer problem for future downloads.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:55 am

There was a permissions problems found with Windows XP upgrade installer. This has been remedied.

The official release of Vault 3.5.2 is build 5086.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Don Thimsen

Post by Don Thimsen » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:35 am

Any recommendations on the easiest way to upgrade from build 3.5.2.5073 to 3.5.2.5087. If coming from 3.5.2.5073, both the new server and client installers prompt for "Modify, Repair, or Uninstall". The first two options don't update to the new build, and I really don't want to uninstall/re-install the server right now...

Is there a parameter on the install that will allow the update?

Thanks,
Don

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:27 am

I'd suggest uninstalling, keeping the database, then reinstalling the new build. If you're having a specific problem, making changes manually to your installation may resolve it.

Are you still experiencing problems?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Don Thimsen

Post by Don Thimsen » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:02 pm

Hi Linda,

After straightening out the configuration files, build 3.5.2.5073 is working fine. However, I was planning on telling all the developers to install the 3.5.2 release on Monday. Without upgrading the server to the new build, they'll be getting the mismatch message when they install the new client (I tried this morning just to see what would happen)...

Anyway, I'll probably drive into work tomorrow and break the Raid 1 mirror on the vault server, and then do the uninstall/reinstall. The mirrored drive give me a quick way out of any problem.

Thanks,
Don