Vault cannot update Shadow Folder

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

JonShrout

Vault cannot update Shadow Folder

Post by JonShrout » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:05 am

Vault Server 3.5.1 on Windows Server 2000/.NET 2.0/IIS 5.0

Vault Client 3.5.1 on Windows XP Pro/.NET 2.0

All operations (i.e. check in, check out, add, etc.) work fine except Shadow Folders and the ability to Get Latest Version to the shadow folder.

Both Vault web services are using a domain account with appropriate priveleges. The Vault web.config and Shadow Folder web.config both have impersonate="true" with the correct username and password.

As I stated, Shadow Folders does not work and when I do a 'Get Latest Version' to the shadow folder I get "Access to the path <path> is denied." on files that don't exist in the shadow folder and I get "Invalid File or Directory attributes value" on files that do exist in the shadow folder.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:51 am

when I do a 'Get Latest Version' to the shadow folder
By this, I assume you mean the shadow folder service isn't updating or populating the shadow folder? Or are you doing something to update the shadow folder service?

I suggest starting over, and enabling logging to see what's going on.

Please turn on debug logging for the shadow folder service. Add this to the classestolog in the shadowfolder web.config file:

<add key="classesToLog" value="shadowfolderdebug,refresh" />

Also, turn on debug logging for the Vault Server:

Put the log in debug mode in the Vault Admin Tool, under Server Options->Logging.

Then re-create the shadow folder associations.

Delete the Shadow folder association, delete any existing files/folders in the shadow folder, then Recreate the shadow folder associate in the Admin Tool.

If the problem is reproduced, then send me copies of the shadowfolder log, Vault server log, and the shadowfolder web.config file.

Email to support at sourcegear.com, ATTN Linda
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

JonShrout

Post by JonShrout » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:13 am

This appears to be resolved.

I did delete all the files in the shadow folder (actually I renamed the shadow folder and created a new, empty folder using the shadow folder name) then re-created the shadow folder associations in Vault.

The files started to propagate to the new, empty shadow folder but after about 30 files it stopped and the Shadow Folder log showed:

Vault's Shadow Folders encountered an exception attempting to get the files for <repository name>. The Shadow Folders for the repository may not be syncrhonized with the Vault Server.Thread was being aborted.

I deleted the shadow folder cache files on disk and the shadow folder started propagating files again and finished the entire repository.

I then added a new file to the repository and it successfully propagated to the shadow folder.