Webclient - recent checkins and deleted files

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

MapData

Webclient - recent checkins and deleted files

Post by MapData » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:56 pm

When I use the recetn checkings part of the web client to view a file/folder that doesnt exist I get the following. It works for files/folders that currently exist though. Is it something wrong with my setup?

Server Error in '/VaultService' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length]
System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy) +2847873
VaultService.VaultWeb.VaultHistory.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +189
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:32 am

I don't see where you're doing anything wrong. I deleted some files and tried to look at their check-ins prior to the delete action and got the same thing. I will log a bug. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

For right now, if you need to see those check-ins on the files that were deleted, you will need to go into the Vault GUI, select the folder that file was in, right click and select properties, go to the deleted items tab, and undelete that file so that it exists again. Then you will be able to view the complete history on that file again.