Branch by Label loses Capitalization

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

davenovak

Branch by Label loses Capitalization

Post by davenovak » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:34 pm

Suppose I have a branch called Global Services 6.2.7. Now, I want to branch it based up the last build label (by right-clicking, selecting Show Labels..., and selecting branch on the desired label). In this case, Vault will prompt me with a default new folder name of global services 6.2.7 (note the original capitalization is gone).

However, if I just right-click on that same folder and select Branch..., the default folder name is Global Services 6.2.7.

This seems like a bug to me and should be fixed. Yes, I admit that this is picky, but it's inconsistent and slightly annoying too.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:51 am

I agree this is a bug, but to me it is a different bug.

To me, since you are branching a label, the Label or the folder [label] should be the name of the branch, not the folder. Seems like incorporating the name of *what* is being branched should be key.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

davenovak

Post by davenovak » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:40 am

I disagree. I've never seen a new branch get named after a label! Branching at a label is exactly the same thing as branching at the folder level except that the label guarantees that you don't branch with changes made after the label. The *what* is the folder, not that label.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:00 pm

Actually, I think the info is pertinent.

If I label something "3.5.2 Release", when I branch I want the name to be "3.5.2 Release", and the destination would be $/vault/branches/3.5.

In any case, I'll log the bug. Anyone else is invited to opine.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

davenovak

Post by davenovak » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:15 pm

Excuse me, but I thought this forum was for bugs, problems, and customer feedback. I’m giving you my feedback . . . and I hope you’re listening.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:31 pm

No need for you to apologize. We welcome all feedback from all users... and we're always listening.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear