Add Files/Folders dialog unstable

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

HarryMuc

Add Files/Folders dialog unstable

Post by HarryMuc » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:04 am

Hello,

one colleague in our office is faced to a small problem with the "Add Files/Folders" dialog.

He has running Vault under XP in a MS Virtual PC on his Mac and has a shared directory Z: mapped to a folder on the Mac.

Now when he opens the Add Files/Folders dialog the dialog often hangs and Vault does no longer work correct. We recognized after removing the shared directory Z: the Add Files/Folder dialog opens without problems.

What could cause this issue? Is there a possibility to ignore e.g. the drive Z: only on this Vault client?

Thank you,
Harald Kraemer

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:04 am

I'm thinking this is going to be some sort of networking issue or a Windows issue with reading that drive, but I'm going to try it out on one here.

Can the Z drive be browsed from the virtual XP?

Also, the mapping is occurring on the virtual PC, right? Is that going from a drive on the virtual PC to the Mac or from the Mac to the virtual PC?

Do you have that same drive mapped to any regular Windows machines that have Vault clients? Do they have issues with that drive?

I know I haven't had any troubles with mapped drives and virtual machines on Windows machines, but I'm using VMware loaded onto Windows XP.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:49 am

I tried it here with a Mac, Virtual PC, and Windows XP and had no troubles with the mapped drive on the Mac and added files from it.

Besides the questions mentioned above, you might want to check how your virtual PC is networking. I believe there's a share option and one where it gets it's own IP address. I had the one I used set to get its own IP address. You might want to try changing that if you are using the shared option.

HarryMuc

Post by HarryMuc » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:58 am

Hello,

he uses to get its own IP address and only uses one virtual machine.

Now he has created a new empty shared drive and it's working.

Maybe it's a problem of the content of some files within the shared folder.

My colleague will try to copy part for part from the old share folder to the new empty share folder to see if the problem occurs again.

In case it happens again I'll contact you.

Thank you very much for your support.

Kind regards,
Harald