cannot remove file from project

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

rynac

cannot remove file from project

Post by rynac » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:36 pm

Appologies in advance for the length of this question:

I'm having difficulty removing a file from a vault folder. I've deleted it through the vault client interface and also using the obliterate admin tool. Unfortunatly, vault continues to try to check it in even though the file is not on my device or displaying in the repository? I've attached an image to demonstrate.

The top part of the image shows the folder open in vault and it's contents. The middle part of the image shows the files to be checked in for this folder and subfolders. The bottom part of the image shows the files in the topmost folder where I am attempting to check in from. do you know why vault is trying to check in "DeletemeTest.txt"?

It's also strange where the item is being checked in from. It seems to be attempting to check in from itself? My appologies in advance if this is a user error. I'm new to the vault product.
Attachments
CannotDelete.jpg
CannotDelete.jpg (170.05 KiB) Viewed 3555 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:53 pm

You might have an "orphaned" transaction in the pending change set.

Details here:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?p=26479
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

rynac

Post by rynac » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm

This answered my question. I had seven items in my pending change set. We've been doing a lot of scenario testing before we start using Vault for production sensitive processes. Thank you for the fast reply. We're still learning the basics of source code management.