How can I either export/import w/o history or purge history?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

davenovak

How can I either export/import w/o history or purge history?

Post by davenovak » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:09 am

My company indends to sell a snapshot of its sourcecode to a customer of ours. This snapshot will be customized for the client and must not include any history. How might I got about creating such a source database?

The export tool seems to automatically give you history, so that won't work (unless there is a way to purge history). Of course, I could easily just import files / folders using the client tool, but this would break file shares we have established across projects.

Any suggestions?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:42 am

Currently, the only way to do this would be to Get from one database with the Vault client and Add to the other database. We don't have a tool to re-establish shares, so this would need to be done manually.

You can see a history of your shares by using the Show History command and filtering by the Share action. You can save the results to a text or HTML file. This at least would give you a reference point as you re-create your shares, and you might be able to write scripts to re-create the shares, allowing for the fact that some shares may have been branched or deleted along the way.

I'll log a feature request for a "latest version" export from Vault, which could also re-establish shares.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager