Couple of Issues with Vault

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Vinaya

Couple of Issues with Vault

Post by Vinaya » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:37 am

1. Can files .resx, .aspx, .ascx merge by the auto merge tool? or it has to be merged manually?

2. Vault Performance - When we run vault, it takes long time to load. Sometimes very slow (>15 min) to open a repository.

3. Autologin sometimes doesn’t work from IDE (VS 2003).

4. Sometimes when try to do "GET LATEST" version from IDE, computer freezes/ crash.

5. Automatic checkedouts are shown in the IDE, when no files are checked out in Vault Client Side.

6. Merge Issue - Some of the files (.vb,.aspx, etc.,) are not merging by the merge tool, but still showing as merge process is completed successfully. This is a serious problem for us, as we can under the impression that files are merging, but it is not.

7. When we open the solution from the IDE source control, its prompts saying whether you want it to be project binding or solution binding.

Please review this questions, my team has expressed serious concerns, as it is costing time for them and it’s happening on a regular basis.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:58 am

1. Vault can merge files that are not binary, so you should be able to perform an auto merge or a manual merge.

2. Try our recommendations for optimizing Vault performance. Those are listed in this KB article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4206.

3. In what way is it not working? When you are first opening or switching projects, the window will still pop up, but after that it shouldn't. You set up the user information in a profile in Vault, right? If so, then the next step will be to check out the suggestions in this article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6328

4. I would need to see screen shots of any errors and a server log (with the time that get occurred and by whom) for this one.

5. You may need to perform a refresh in the client, or check your options in VS that you don't have "Allow Checked-in Items to be Edited" checked (that won't cause a check-out). If that doesn't work, there may be a problem with the bindings. Unbinding and performing a fresh open from source control should fix that.

6. Are those files listed as mergeable in the Vault Admin Tool? You may wish to check out this article on that: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=780.

7. I haven't seen that warning before, so I'll need screen shots and detailed steps on how you are opening it.

In our KB article area, you will find a large list of articles on IDE integration that will be useful to you in understanding what's going on and troubleshooting problems with the IDE.

There's a lot here to cover, so go through what you can and let me know the results. For those items that need more information, you can either post here or send an email through to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this post to help keep this straight.