Get files that have changed between two labels

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Busboy

Get files that have changed between two labels

Post by Busboy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:17 am

Hi
I am using vault command line interface and I need to get files that have changed between two labels? Also, if one or more files have changed inside a folder, all files and subfolders of this file(s) must be retrieved along with the changed file(s). How can I do this from command line?

Regards,
Kim

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:27 am

There really isn't a way to just get specific files that have changed between labels. You will be able to tell what has happened between labels with a GetLabelDiffs. GetLabelDiffs will retrieve the histories for all files in the specified repository folder between the specified labels.

In the second part, if you are just talking about a Get, it's automatically recursive, but you would want to select the folder that embodies everything you are wanting. If you don't want the Get to be recursive, you'd have to add the -nonrecursive switch.

You can find more information in our documentation for the Command Line Client

Busboy

Post by Busboy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:57 am

Thank you,
Can you add "get specific files that have changed between labels" to the wish-list for future releases?

Kim

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:22 am

Sure thing.

Michael_Dorfman

Post by Michael_Dorfman » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:06 am

I'll add a vote for this feature.

I also think it is worth saying that this is an area where the Vault could easily earn a lot of goodwill in future releases-- some good analytical reporting options would be much appreciated. Right now, my developers are happy with the Vault, but as a manager, I'd like to be able to more easily mine the repository to find out some general trends. For example, what has changed between two releases/labels, but also things like churn-- which files have been touched the most times during a given period.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:37 am

I've added your vote to that and the other requests.