Problems upgrading from 2.0.6 to 3.5.1

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

brian@madderragroup.com

Problems upgrading from 2.0.6 to 3.5.1

Post by brian@madderragroup.com » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:09 pm

I am in the process of upgrading our SG 2.0.6 installation to 3.5.1 . I have done the following:

1. Downloaded the 3.5.1 server installer.
2. Run the installer and successfully upgraded the DB. In the process of getting this done, I made some misteps, and ended up changing the password for the DB user account we are using to connect. The change I made was in the DB, not in the SG configuration. More confusion on how to fix this led me to uninstall SG server, and reinstall SG server.
3. So now I have an upgraded DB, and an upgraded installation, but I have no valid license keys on hand. The only information I have is the Gold Support for 5 licences that we purchased in order to perform the upgrade. That key is not valid for adding licenses to our installation, and I am at a loss as to what to do to get license keys that I can enter into the admin GUI.

Our order information is

Order Number: 52892
Order Date : Tuesday, 16 January 2007

I can include other license information if needed, but I hesitate to post it here.

brian@madderragroup.com

Post by brian@madderragroup.com » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:16 pm

An addition, I used the web site upgrade tool to enter our old license key and the gold support key to upgrade to 3.0.1, but I must have misplaced the resulting key, as I have no record of it. If you could, please send the upgraded key to me at brian@madderragoup.com

Thanks for you help

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:24 pm

Vault 2 is rather outdated, and unfortunately, process is a bit confusing for these license. But all in all, there are worst things.

Here are the steps to upgrade to a new Vault 3.5 license number.

Step 1) You'll need your original license numbers and the gold license number.

Go to https://store.sourcegear.com/sgstore/va ... grade.aspx Using the Vault 2.x and gold numbers, generate a Vault 3.1 license.

Step 2) You'll need the Vault 3.1 license number and the gold license number.

Go to https://store.sourcegear.com/sgstore/va ... grade.aspx Using the Vault 3.1 and gold numbers, generate a Vault 3.5 license.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

brian@madderragroup.com

Post by brian@madderragroup.com » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:36 pm

My current problem is that I have gone through the upgrade process you describe in step 1, but I do not have the resulting key. I saved the page, thinking the key would be in the HTML, but what I have saved does not have the key info, only an error message, so I do not have the key. When I try again, the upgrade process states that the licenses have already been upgraded. Is there a way for me to retrieve the 3.1 key so that I can then proceed to step 2?

Thanks for your quick response.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:44 pm

I've notified our sales team about the issue. They should be sending you the information.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

brian@madderragroup.com

Post by brian@madderragroup.com » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:03 pm

Thanks so much for your help in this!!!!