Error checking out project file

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

joel4370

Error checking out project file

Post by joel4370 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:09 am

In vs 05 I am having a problem where when the IDE needs to check out the project file because I am making a change and it is not checked out, it gives me this message.

"Your source control provider encountered an access error. Do you want to switch to working offline in disconnected mode? "

If I explicitly tell the ide to check out the project file it works fine, it is just when it is forced to automatically. I have one project in c++ and one project in c# that behave this way each time I make a change that requires a checkout. I have many other projects that do not do this. Any suggestions?

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:44 am

What version of Vault are you using?
Are you the only one with that issue on those particular projects?
If others have the same issue, it is with the same projects?
Are there any particular file extensions this seems to happen with particularly, or is it all files in that project?

joel4370

Post by joel4370 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:51 am

I am using version 3.5.1.4786.

In the projects that are causing the problem all developers are having the problem.

It is always the project files, (.csproj, or .vcproj) and the solution file (.sln).

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:08 pm

On the files you are actually checking out though, it's not the .csproj or .sln that your selecting, but some other file that you select and check out, and you don't see .csproj or .sln going with it, right?

How are you verifying that those aren't checked out? If you are checking against Vault, do you perform a refresh first to make sure you are looking at the latest information?

Do you know if the .csproj file or the .sln files are exclusively checked out? If they are, they can't be checked out again. You would be able to see that in the GUI client as well.

joel4370

Post by joel4370 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:19 pm

"On the files you are actually checking out though ... "

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but If I explicitly check out the .csproj or .sln using the ide that works fine. It is just when I make a change that requires the ide to automatically check out either of those files. So right now I just explicitly check out the project files when I know that they are going to get modified. But on every other program and on different file types when I start to change the file the ide checks it out automatically. This automatic check out is what appears to be broken.

The files are not checked out when the problem occurs. The vault client shows they are not checked out.

It is set so that .csproj and .sln file are exclusively checked out, but that is not the problem becuase when the problem occurs they are not checked out by anyone.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:45 pm

Could you send me a few logs showing you trying to check out the files you need to work on where it doesn't automatically check out the .csproj and .sln? You can send those to support at sourcegear.com, attn. Beth, and reference this post.

It would help if you have time to place the Vault Server into Debug mode. Open the Vault Admin Tool and go to the Server Options tab. The second half of the window covers logging. Set the Log Level to Debug. Then info on finding the log is here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?p=627

Also, could you set up client-side logging as well and send one of those logs? More information is here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?p=5375

If you could, prepare the logs, create the scenario, then send me the logs, and after that you can lower your logging level again or get rid of the client logging to save space.