Use Modification timestamp while Check-In files?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

shaileshdwivedi

Use Modification timestamp while Check-In files?

Post by shaileshdwivedi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:25 pm

I want to add a file to repository folder. How can set Modification time as my Check-In time.

Background: The version of this file was approved outside Vault sometime back (example: 1 month back). When I am adding this file to Vault, it picks-up the current time as check-in time. How can I override this with the timestamp of File approved / modification time?

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:08 pm

You will want to go into the Vault Client Tools-Options-Local Files and set the file time to modification.

shaileshdwivedi

Post by shaileshdwivedi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:41 pm

That works only for Get Latest or Check Outs. It does not work for Check Ins.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:58 am

What's the date of the file on disk? I ran a test on this and my modification time on the file appears as per the screen shot I attached.

In the history on the file, it will say it was first added to Vault per the date on the system. Is this what you are wanting changed or is it something else?
Attachments
File Dates.doc
(701.5 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Last edited by Beth on Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaileshdwivedi

Post by shaileshdwivedi » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:46 pm

Thanks. This works.

We did not have Modification Time in our view. Though, initially we wanted to override the Remote Time to be the physical file modification time. But, as long as we can always retain the Modification Time during Check In, Check Out and Get Latest we are good.

Is there any way we can set a rule in Vault to always use Modification Time for these set of files or from this folder?

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:37 pm

In the Vault Client, go to Tools - Options - Local Files - Set File Time. Each client would have to be set.

This just sets the file time. The check-in time is still what it is so that things are tracked properly, but you can set the file time to the modification time, or you can set up the clients to see the column that shows modification time.