Problem checking in unchanged file

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

stevek2

Problem checking in unchanged file

Post by stevek2 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:39 pm

For the "Check In unchanged files" option, I have "Undo Checkout". For the Local Files "Set File Time" option, I have "Modification". Lastly, I'm using CVS mode.

So when I have a file which is unchanged, yet it's read-only attribute is turned off, then I do a Check In, Vault sets the date/time of the file to the CURRENT time, not to the Modification Time. Yet if I then delete the file, and do a Get Latest Version, I correctly get a file with the Modification Time. I also correctly get the Modification Time if I checkout a file, then manually do an Undo Check Out.

This seems to me to be a bug -- shouldn't the automatic "Undo Checkout" do the same thing as a manual Undo Checkout or a Get?

Thanks,
Steve

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:49 pm

What version of Vault are you using?

Are you just checking out the file, then checking in the unmodified file?

I haven't been able to reproduce this.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

stevek2

Post by stevek2 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:01 pm

Ooops, sorry about that -- I'm using 3.5.1 on the client & server.

I have a file whose properties are as follows:

Local date - 4/14/2006
Modified date - 4/14/2006
Remote date - 11/10/2006

To repro the problem, I manually turn off the read-only attribute, touch the file to update its date, and then do a check-in. Because the file has not changed, the checkout is undone, but the local file now has a date of 11/13/2006 (and its read-only attribute set, which is as expected).

Now I delete the local file, and do a Get Latest Version. The local file now has a date of 4/14/2006, as expected.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:55 pm

Ok, I was able to reproduce that. It just leaves the file with the current timestamp when you use those steps.

I'll log a bug. Thanks for the report.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager