error during the installation of Vault 3.5.1

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

tentnology

error during the installation of Vault 3.5.1

Post by tentnology » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:53 pm

I am newbie for SourceGear Vault. Sorry in advance for some basic questions.

I am trying to install Vault 3.5.1 into my machine (single user in the same machine, Windows XP pro, SQL server express 2005, V.S. 2005, IIS 5.0 with .NET framework 1.1 and 2.0, ). I heard that multiple .NET frameworks are supported by SourceGear vault. While installation went to the stage of Connecting to SQL server, I uses (local)\SQLEXPRESS as SQL server but don't know which Connection type I need choose: Windows authentication or SQL Server authentication. In my previous Vault version ( I didn't upgrade my previous Vault to this new version), I used SQL server authentication and used "SA" and password to log into SQL server (MSDE 2000). Now I used SQL server express 2005 and it seems that I don't need "SA" and password to log on SQL server express 2005. How can I do in this stage. If I choose SQL server authentication, the installation can not carry on and it said that "SA" is not account name for SQL server express 2005. Can I use Windows authenticaion at this stage? thanks.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:19 pm

Which kind of authentication you use will depend entirely on how you have your SQL server set up. In the previous version, you could have used Windows authentication as well if you had that server set for either Windows authentication or both Windows and SQL authentication. It will be the same for the current version. Just check on what you have your SQL server set to. If you have it for both or Windows authentication, then you can use Windows authentication.