Unspecified Error

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

MadEddie

Unspecified Error

Post by MadEddie » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:37 am

I understand there is a problem with all source control software regarding VS 2003 and XSD Files, however I have just had a new but related problem. The Dataset disappeared from one of my forms and so when I recreated it and the related Data adapter and SQL Connections I get "Unspecified Error" if I try to Generate Dataset or Preview Data. This is also the case on other forms which have not been touched. Also on other users PC's they now get this same error. it appears to be fairly well known as google had lots of hits but no solutions...any help would be much appreciated.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:24 pm

I honestly have no idea for a solution to this problem. Can you provide some of those links about version control and XSD?

Also, If you diff the forms (or sub files related to the forms) are they the same file?

FWIW, I've seen some fixes related to xsd with VS 2003 SP1 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918007. Not sure this would help anything, but you may want to try SP1 on a test machine to see if it gives you different results.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

MadEddie

Post by MadEddie » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:42 am

Thanks Jeff, I downloaded and installed SP1 and it fixed the problem.....amazing how this solution hasn't been made widespread.