Intermittent System.NullReferenceException in "Get Late

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Michael_Dorfman

Intermittent System.NullReferenceException in "Get Late

Post by Michael_Dorfman » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:07 am

Sometimes, when I do "Get Latest", everything works fine.

But sometimes, I get dozens of messages like this:

Local file update for $/Applications/PowerPack/SW/Database/Version 1_4_7/14779.dbo_Update_fo_FishgroupInfoGet.sql failed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at VaultClientOperationsLib.CacheMember_KnownChanges.Remove(String repositoryPath)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.UpdateKnownChanges_File(VaultClientFolder watchedFolder, String diskPath, Boolean notifyChangeSetItemsChanged, WorkingFolder workingFolder)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateWorkingFile(VaultClientFile file, Int64 targetVersion, Int64 displayVersion, MergeType merge, VaultDateTime dt, Boolean makeBackups, OverwritePrompt PromptData)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.ProcessGetFileRequests(GetFileInfo[] infos, MakeWritableType makeWritable, SetFileTimeType setFileTime, MergeType merge, Boolean updateHiddenFilesOnly, String ancestorFullPath, Boolean

If I repeat the "Get Latest" enough times, it eventually works out in the end, so it is more of an annoyance than a real problem.

Still: what's going on here?

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:36 am

There could be several reasons why it can't find what is needed.

Some things to try to clear that up might be:
1. Ensure that your database is error free. See the article on database maintenance: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2924

2. Something could be out of sync between the client and server. For that you can Clear the Client Side Cache and restart the Vault Client.

Something in the network could even be intermittently interfering.