Incompatible working folder

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

selfgov2000

Incompatible working folder

Post by selfgov2000 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:04 pm

I recently branched my application from a couple of months back in history. I have a main folder with 8 subfolders, some of which have their own subfolders.

I may have done it in the wrong order, but one of my 1st generation folders doesn't like the working folder. I'm getting an error of "Could not detect the file type in the supplied stream".

The way I branched was to first "Get" from a version in history, to a folder on disk. I then created a branch from the same point, and set the working folder to the folder into which I did the "Get".

What should I do next?

Thanks,
Dave

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:30 pm

What version of Vault are you using? If you are using 3.5 or later, it will not allow you to set more than one project or item to a working folder.

At what point are you getting the error?

selfgov2000

Post by selfgov2000 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:47 pm

My client version is 3.1.8 (3771).

I don't understand what you mean about having more than one project per working folder. I haven't done that. As a matter of fact, I have tried to remove the working folder association and re-set it.

All other folders in the branch show the files in the folder, but this particular one doesn't. When I move from one (that's working) to the one that isn't working, it still shows the files from the previous folder. If I right-click on the folder, it gives me the error...sometimes multiple times, then shows the context menu.

Can I safely delete the branched folder (in the repository) and do this all over again? I have modified one of the files and re-compiled, but I can save all that on the hard drive.

Thanks,
Dave

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:44 pm

Is it a web project you are branching?

Microsoft has an article that I believe covers this. We've placed the reference to that here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1917
I believe that should help.

selfgov2000

Post by selfgov2000 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:55 pm

No, it's a vfp project. What are the consequences of deleting the branched folder?

Thanks,
Dave

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:43 am

There shouldn't be a problem with deleting a branch as long as you copied off a copy of the file you made changes to so you can get that in. Or you can merge the branches back to the original as well, I believe.