Serial Number Problem!

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Latman

Serial Number Problem!

Post by Latman » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:41 am

Hello,

I have just finished upgrading from 3.0.0. to 3.5. When I start the admin tool and login, I see upgrade required at the front of my serial numbers.
I tried to get the serial numbers converted as instructed on https://store.sourcegear.com/sgstore/va ... grade.aspx, but keep getting this message:
Error: You need 40 current Gold Support subscriptions to perform this upgrade. The Gold Support serial numbers you have provided correspond to 0 subscriptions.

Can you tell me what to do as I need to complete this today.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:17 am

Latman:

I'm just a SourceGear developer, so I don't know how much assistance I will be as I don't know how to resolve licensing issues. Unfortunately, our sales office is away for the weekend. However I sent an email to the gold support and sales team.

In the meantime, I would suggest the following:

1) Check your 40 Gold Support subscription date within the Vault Admin Tool. This needs to be current. If it has expired, then you will need to renew the Vault Gold subscription to change its status to current. This can be done at https://store.sourcegear.com/sgstore/or ... amily=gold

Once the gold subscription has been renewed, you should then be able to upgrade the licenses.

2) Can you find out if someone else may have already requested Vault 3.5 licenses? Previous Vault licenses can only be upgraded once. Is it possible someone already requested the new Vault 3.5 licenses? If you can find those numbers, you can use those numbers for the Admin Tool.

If this does not resolve the problem, and you absolutely need to be operational at the current time, the best bet would be to :
a) Uninstall Vault Server 3.5,
b) Restore the database backup you made before running the Vault Server installation.
c) Install your previous version of the Vault Server.

Then you can re-install Vault Server 3.5 when a sales associate is able to help you with this problem.

HTH
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Latman

Post by Latman » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:35 am

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

1) Our gold support was renewed on 27th of July this year. We do have the new licence key available.

2) We have previously tried to upgrade but had to go back after the upgrade have failed. Could it be because of that?
Like I said, when I try and Upgrade from Vault 3.0/3.1 to Vault 3.5 on https://store.sourcegear.com/sgstore/va ... grade.aspx I get error message saying 'The Gold Support serial numbers you have provided correspond to 0 subscriptions.'

Thanks.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:58 pm

I'm not certain what the problem may be. I'll follow up with the Sales Dept on Monday to ensure they take care of you.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:30 am

I checked with the Sales dept. this morning. It looks like #2 was the culprit. So you should already have the Vault 3.5 license numbers. I think they will resend those license numbers to someone in your company.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear