Problems clearing working folders

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

kiwirob

Problems clearing working folders

Post by kiwirob » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:41 am

I have moved my vault server and when connecting with the GUI client it reports

The working folder state information for \\screamer\wwwroot$\ArdenStudios is incompatible with this version of Vault. Please choose a different working folder path. The specific compatibility exception was: Timeout opening state file \\screamer\wwwroot$\ArdenStudios\_sgvault\state for read.

This is because the server \\screamer no longer exists, its just keeps displaying this message over and over with a 15sec delay between each. I've sat there for 10mins pressing OK but wasn't getting anywhere.

So I tried using the command line client to unset the working folder but that failed also.

I'm stuck now and can't connect to the vault, how can I clear these working folders? Maybe using sql but I couldn't see any tables holding working folders.

Please help :)

C:\Program Files\SourceGear\Vault Client>vault -host sabreone -user admin -password xxxxx unsetworkingfolder $/ArdenStudios/ArdenStudios -repository Sabretech
<vault>
<error>
The working folder state information for \\screamer\wwwroot$\ArdenStudios is incompatible with this version of Vault. Please choose a different working folder path. The specific compatibility exception was: Timeout opening state file \\screamer\wwwroot$\ArdenStudios\_sgvault\state for read.
</error>
<exception>
System.Exception: The working folder state information for \\screamer\wwwroot$\ArdenStudios is incompatible with this version of Vault. Please choose a different working folder path. The specific compatibility exception was: Timeout opening state file \\screamer\wwwroot$\ArdenStudios\_sgvault\state for read.
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.LoadState()
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder..ctor(ClientInstance ci, String diskFolderPath, Boolean makeBackups)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.FindOrCreateWorkingFolder(String diskPath, Boolean makeBackups)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.GetWorkingFolder(VaultClientFolder vcfolder)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.UpdateKnownChanges_RefreshKnown(Boolean doNotify)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.Refresh(Int64 knownServerRevision, Boolean isRetry, VaultRepositoryDelta& delta, Int64& returnedRevision)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.Refresh()
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.SetActiveRepositoryID(Int32 id, String username, String uniqueRepositoryID, Boolean doRefresh, Boolean updateKnownChangesAll)
at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.Login(Boolean bAllowAuto, Boolean bSaveSession)
at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommand(Args curArg)
at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.Main(String[] args)
</exception>
<result success="no" />
</vault>

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:49 am

Sounds like your cache files/baselines are out of sync. To reset:

Close any open clients on your machine -- Vault GUI, Visual Studio, etc.

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\yourprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1.

Delete the contents of Vault_1. Based on the error message, it looks like your baseline/state files are stored in your working directories. Delete all the _sgvault folders in working directories, or set new working directories and Get Latest to create new baselines.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

kiwirob

Post by kiwirob » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:43 pm

I forgot to check in there. I deleted the CacheMember_WorkingFolderAssignments for the repository and all is well again in the world.

Thanks