NullReference Exception from 'View Blame'

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

CSkardon

NullReference Exception from 'View Blame'

Post by CSkardon » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:02 am

Hi there,

I've just recently been getting this when I try to look at the blame for one of the files in our repository - it doesn't happen for all files, I don't know of the extent (i.e. how many other files) this happens.

Errr, is it our fault? Something with our file perhaps?

Cheers

Chris

------ (Exception Follows) ------

Server Error in '/VaultService' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPI.Blame(Int32 nRepID, Int32 nUserID, String path, Int64& in_startVersion, Int64& endVersion, ArrayList& blames) +427
VaultService.VaultWeb.Blame.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +899
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:23 am

I'm not sure yet from the information here. Since it's inconsistent on what files this happens on, I'm thinking there might be an error in the database.

Can you send me your Vault Server Log? You can either send it using the private function here or send it in an email to beth at sourcegear.com. Please remember to reference this post, and about where in the log that you performed this action (or cut the log down some).

You may also wish to check our our article on database maintenance in the meantime and run a checkdb. That will tell you if there are errors in your database. The article is here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2924

CSkardon

Post by CSkardon » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:28 am

Do you need the vault service to run on a higher log verbosity?

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:34 am

That always helps. In the admin tool you can set it to debug mode. Thanks.