reinstall says sgvault db exists when it doesn't

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

KKnoch

reinstall says sgvault db exists when it doesn't

Post by KKnoch » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:03 am

I am reinstalling Vault on a test server to prep for a DR exercise at the end of the month. When I reinstall I get error code 402 stating db sgvault already exists. I have done everything I can think of to scrub this server yet i keep getting this error. A DB of that name does not exist. Vault has been uninstalled, registry is clean etc. When i click Exit I get Error 1722 presumably because Vault thinks I exited out of the install.
Can anyone tell me where Vault is detecting this sgvault db?

Thank you,
Kim

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:38 am

What version of Vault are you working with? Are you switching versions at all? What are you using as a Server OS and what is the version of SQL Server?

These may seem like silly questions, but did you perform an uninstall first? You have checked in Enterprise Manager or SQL Server Management Studio?

You may need to step through the manual uninstall steps to ensure everything was caught.
  • 1) in IIS manager, remove the Vault Service web application under the Default Website. Also remove the Shadow Folder service.
    2) delete the following registry keys HKLM\Software\SourceGear Vault Client and HKLM\Software\SourceGear Vault Server
    3) Delete the Vault service directory. It should be in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\vaultservice.
    4) You can also remove Vault from these IDE integration registry keys HKLM\Software\SourceCodeControlProvider and HKLM\Software\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders (if these exist)
    5) Also open this registry key and search for any items related to Vault Server and remove those folders:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

KKnoch

Post by KKnoch » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:09 am

What version of Vault are you working with? 3.0.7
Are you switching versions at all? No
What are you using as a Server OS and what is the version of SQL Server? 2003 sp1 and SQL 2000 sp4

These may seem like silly questions, but did you perform an uninstall first? yes
You have checked in Enterprise Manager or SQL Server Management Studio? yes

You may need to step through the manual uninstall steps to ensure everything was caught.

1) in IIS manager, remove the Vault Service web application under the Default Website. Already done. Also remove the Shadow Folder service. Already done
2) delete the following registry keys HKLM\Software\SourceGear Vault Client and HKLM\Software\SourceGear Vault Server. Done
3) Delete the Vault service directory. It should be in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\vaultservice. Already done
4) You can also remove Vault from these IDE integration registry keys HKLM\Software\SourceCodeControlProvider and HKLM\Software\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders (if these exist)
5) Also open this registry key and search for any items related to Vault Server and remove those folders:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

As I stated in my original post all references to Vault and SourceGear were already cleaned out of the registry so 4 and 5 have already been done.
Thanks,
Kim

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:14 pm

Is your SQL Server and Vault server on the same machine?

Are you using Sharepoint Services? What other types of applications are being run on the server(s) involved?

If an install log is generated, you can go ahead and send me that. The vault_install.log file is located in the windows temp directory (%temp%).

KKnoch

Post by KKnoch » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:25 am

I had the test box rebuilt so you can close this. No spare time to troubleshoot issue. Easier to start from scratch.
Thank you,
Kim