Question Regarding Linked Files

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

aaronz

Question Regarding Linked Files

Post by aaronz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:45 pm

I have a few project which are organized in a similar fashion to the following diagram:

Code: Select all

\dev
     \project1
          project1.csproj
          [+] file1.cs
          [+] file2.cs
     \project2
          project2.csproj
          [+] file1.cs
          [+] file2.cs
     \shared files
          file1.cs
          file2.cs
Essentially, I have two projects each in its own respective folder. However, I have two files (file1 and file2) in a shared files folder above the project level that are linked files within Visual Studio. I want to add these projects to Vault but it's creating a directory structure that is completely different.

Is there a way to have Vault not create its own structure and mirror the file structure that I've already established?

I've tried adding the files manually via the Vault client and then bind in Visual Studio, but it doesn't bind correctly.

I'm afraid that if I were to set up another client (or pave my machine and start over), I'd get a directory structure that differs substantially from what I have and none of my scripts will work.

Thanks for your consideration!

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:48 am

What kind of folder structure are you getting?

When you are adding a project, it is recommended that all files and folders that are contained within the solution or project being added are within your working folder hierarchy. See this topic:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=776