nested folders marked read only locally

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

dmaidlow

nested folders marked read only locally

Post by dmaidlow » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Hi,

I've got a folder nested within my project that my web app needs to be able to write to. Problem is, this folder is contantly being set to read only (i'm thinking by Vault). I've tried excluding this folder from my project, i've tried including the folder in the project and looking for some sort of option in vault admin to disable this read only tid bit. I've tried checking out the folder. can't seem to find a solution.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
darrin

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:48 pm

Does checking out the folder make the files writable?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dmaidlow

Post by dmaidlow » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:54 pm

lbauer wrote:Does checking out the folder make the files writable?
Does not seem to be. its not files i'm dealing with at this point. just the directory. I tried checking out the entire project, yet this folder is still read only. My app is supposed to process an uploaded file and save it into this folder. it gets mad when the target folder is set to read only =)

thanks
darrin

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:00 pm

I don't think Vault makes working folders on disk read-only or writeable. Vault acts on files. It's possible Visual Studio is doing this. What version of Vault are you using and what version of Visual Studio?

Can you determine what steps lead up to the working folder becoming Read-Only?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dmaidlow

Post by dmaidlow » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:08 pm

lbauer wrote:I don't think Vault makes working folders on disk read-only or writeable. Vault acts on files. It's possible Visual Studio is doing this. What version of Vault are you using and what version of Visual Studio?

Can you determine what steps lead up to the working folder becoming Read-Only?
Ok. this is odd. And at this point i can no longer point to vault. Seems the read onlyness of the folder is being inherited from very root folder on my drive. however If i remove read only there it comes back.

So thanks for the help here - I'll post again if it ends up being vault related.

darrin