Can't connect to Vault from Server machine

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

jminiman

Can't connect to Vault from Server machine

Post by jminiman » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:40 pm

I've installed v3.5 of the Vault Server, but seem to have encountered some snags. First, during installation, I always get the error:

Error making Server URL. You need to configure web.config file Shadow Folders and the Vault Server Home page manuallyError making Server URL. You need to configure web.config shadow folders and the Vault Server Home page manually

Now, I can login from the Vault Server machine only when I do it from the web-based login. From the Vault GUI, I always get "no server was found at the specified URL". In the host name, I've tried every permutation of <hostname>, <hostname's IP>, localhost, 127.0.0.1 etc. From any other machine, I can login without any problems using the Vault GUI.

Clearly, it's a networking thing (though I don't understand the setup error). I've attached my two .config files. Any hints as to why I can no longer connect to my Vault instance from the machine where Vault is installed?
Attachments
VaultService.zip
My configuration files
(3.03 KiB) Downloaded 343 times

jminiman

An update

Post by jminiman » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:48 pm

Looks like I cannot connect to ANY Vault Server from the Vault GUI on my Vault Server machine. However, using the Visual Studio 2005 plug-in works fine. Is the 3.5 Client GUI somehow dependent on a new XP Service? I installed it to a non-standard location (D:\Program Files\SourceGear\Vault Client). Would this matter? To summarize:

1. I can login on my Vault server using web login
2. I can login on my Vault server using VS 2005
3. I cannot login on my Vault server using Client GUI

I have no firewall or proxy settings established of any kind.

UPDATE! Solved. I needed to coerce the Vault Client GUI to use .NET 2.0 and it somehow worked again. Weird.