Branch on label history: bug or feature?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ismangil

Branch on label history: bug or feature?

Post by ismangil » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:49 am

Using Vault 3.1.9, we did a branch on a label. The branch went fine, it pulled across all the correct revisions for the label.

However, because in the main trunk work has been done after the branch label was applied, the history of files in the branch contains these history.

So for example it was originally a bit baffling when View History on the branch, which was at revision 19, and seeing the history showing something happening to revision 20 and 21, a bit of back to the future!

So here's the request: when branching, only bring along previous history, not history done after the branch point requested.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:20 pm

So here's the request: when branching, only bring along previous history, not history done after the branch point requested.
This is the behavior in Vault 3.5. I labeled Project A, then edited some files. Then I evoked Show Labels and branched from the label. This history of Project A-Branch only showed the Branch operation. Were your steps different? I haven't tried it in Vault 3.1.9.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:33 am

lbauer wrote: This is the behavior in Vault 3.5. I labeled Project A, then edited some files. Then I evoked Show Labels and branched from the label. This history of Project A-Branch only showed the Branch operation. Were your steps different? I haven't tried it in Vault 3.1.9.
That's the steps I took. Good to know 3.5 fixed it.