"object is pinned" after changing from working dis

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

AGBrown

"object is pinned" after changing from working dis

Post by AGBrown » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:05 am

After going from disconnected to connected, VS2005 shows a dialog asking to "check out the items that were changed" while disconnected. Clicking Continue then flashes up a dialog box saying "could not check out ... the object is pinned" for all the pinned objects in the open projects, but they weren't changed during check out.

Is there anything I can do (other than unpin them) to stop this dialog box appearing 1 time for each of the few hundred pinned files we have, or could we have a "don't show this message again" checkbox on that dialog?
Andy Brown
<a href="http://www.k2nenergy.com/index.htm" title="See how K2n can reduce your energy consumption and costs">K2n: Energy Monitoring Solutions</a>

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:04 pm

If the pinned files are being checked out off line, then VS 2005 will try to check them out again when reconnected to source control even if they haven't been modified. Generally when you check out the project file, all files are checked out, unless you de-select them in the Check Out for Edit menu. You might be able to avoid all the alerts if the pinned files are not checked out offline.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

AGBrown

Post by AGBrown » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:01 pm

Hi Linda,

Actually the project file is not checked out - I'm disconnecting from the server on my laptop, working offline, then reconnecting to the server. While I'm offline, I get the usual "checkout - disconnected" dialogs, and do the "disconnected checkouts", but this is on various code files in the assemblies, and not on the project files themselves.

The only project I have pinned files in is a database project, and nothing is checked out at all in that project.

Any ideas?

Andy
Andy Brown
<a href="http://www.k2nenergy.com/index.htm" title="See how K2n can reduce your energy consumption and costs">K2n: Energy Monitoring Solutions</a>