Obliterate multiple objects from commandline

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Busboy

Obliterate multiple objects from commandline

Post by Busboy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:56 am

Hi,
When using obliterate command on a file (that has been deleted and added several times) the following message appear:
<!-- There are multiple deleted objects at the specified path. Please use the admin tool to choose between the items. -->
Question 1) Is there any way to do this from commandline?
Question 2) Is there any way to do obliterate with wildcards and recursive option from commandline?

Regards,
Kim

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:38 pm

Question 1) Is there any way to do this from commandline?
Not in the current version. The Command Line Client only uses the repository path for the item, rather than the object ID, and if there are duplicate paths, it has no way of differentiating. The Admin tool lists each item.
Question 2) Is there any way to do obliterate with wildcards and recursive option from commandline?
This is not available, either. I can add feature request for this functionality, though using wildcards for obliterate could be a risky proposition.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Busboy

Post by Busboy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:17 am

Trying to populate the "Deleted Items" list in Vault Admin Tool takes forever. I stopped the program after a few hours with "Not responding". How can I cleanup my obsolete files?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:42 am

We have been working on making Obliterate better. In Vault 3.5, due out next week, Obliterate shows a tree view, so you can select to obliterate deleted items in one folder at a time, which will dramatically reduce the time to populate the obliterate list.

Vault 3.5 is a free upgrade if you have Gold Support.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager