Shadow Folder TEMP directory

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

JonShrout

Post by JonShrout » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:05 am

Vault 3.1.8 on Server 2003 Standard (db on SQL Server 2005)

In the Shadow Folder log I see the following line:
Shadow Folder is using the folder, C:\Documents and Settings\<valid username here>\Local Settings\Temp\, as a TEMP directory.
Of course, '<valid username here>' contains a valid domain username, I just didn't want to show it on this forum.

The problem is that '<valid username here>' contains a username that is not associated with Vault or Shadow Folders in any way. The web services are not running under this identity and I can find no reference to the username in any of the Vault .config files.

The identity that Vault uses is a valid user, has rights on the server, and the 'Documents and Settings' directory structure for the user does exist.

Any idea why this is happening? How can I fix it?

TIA

JonShrout

Post by JonShrout » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:11 am

Resolved.

The <valid username here> user was specified in the 'processModel' tag in the Machine.config file. I commented out the 'processModel' tag and re-created the Shadow Folders in the admin tool and the Shadow Folder log indicated that Shadow Folders is now using the ASPNET temp directory.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:39 am

Good catch. That might have taken a while for us to figure out, since we don't often see a domain account used for the process model in machine.config.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

JonShrout

Post by JonShrout » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:06 am

We moved Vault Server to a different machine and upgraded to 3.1.9.

Now I am seeing
Shadow Folder is using the folder, C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\, as a TEMP directory.
when I expect to see
Shadow Folder is using the folder, C:\Documents and Settings\<valid username here>\Local Settings\Temp\, as a TEMP directory.
We're using web.config identity impersonation with a domain account and before installing Vault Server on the new machine I logged in as the domain user so the directory structure is there.

Everything seems to be working fine, I just can't figure out why Vault is using the wrong temp directory.

Also, I am seeing
Vault's Shadow Folders encountered an exception attempting to get the files for <repository name here>. The Shadow Folders for the repository may not be syncrhonized with the Vault Server.Thread was being aborted.
in the Shadow Folders log immediately followed by
Vault Shadow Folder encountered a problem: Thread was being aborted.
Any idea why I'm seeing this?