Shadow Folders create directory structure but no files

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

JonShrout

Post by JonShrout » Tue May 09, 2006 7:05 am

Using Vault 3.1.6, when I configure shadow folders for the repository, the folders are created but the files never show up.

The repository is in a SQL Server 2005 database on the Vault server machine and the shadow folders are on a different machine. The shadow folder machine is a domain server running Windows 2003 Standard.

The Shadow web service is impersonating a domain account that has full permissions on the shadow folder machine.

I don't understand why the folders would get created but not the files.

TIA

Jon

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue May 09, 2006 7:25 am

Do you have a log file for the Vault Shadow Folder service? By default it would be in %windir%/temp/SGShadowFolder. It's called vaultshadowfolderservice.txt. Are any errors reported?

Also, check the Vault Server log, sgvault.log in %windir%/temp/sgvault for errors that would correspond to the shadow folder service trying to update.

You can email the logs to me, linda at sourcegear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

JonShrout

Post by JonShrout » Wed May 10, 2006 6:59 am

Do you have a log file for the Vault Shadow Folder service? By default it would be in %windir%/temp/SGShadowFolder. It's called vaultshadowfolderservice.txt. Are any errors reported?

Also, check the Vault Server log, sgvault.log in %windir%/temp/sgvault for errors that would correspond to the shadow folder service trying to update.
I didn't see anything telling in the Vault log and I'm not sure how to interpret some of the messages in the Shadow Folder service log.

I emailed both logs to you.

Thanks again,

Jon

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed May 10, 2006 12:38 pm

Still reviewing the shadow folder logs.

I did see this in the sgvault.log file:

----5/8/2006 12:33:07 PM admin--<server> -- SSL Disabled System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: DELETE failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ARITHABORT'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or query notifications and/or xml data type methods.

This was a couple of days ago -- you may have already fixed the problem, per the info in this forum post:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4534

Just wanted to confirm.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

JonShrout

Post by JonShrout » Wed May 10, 2006 1:13 pm

Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or query notifications and/or xml data type methods.
These settings were all set to false so I set them to true. I am still having the same issues with shadow folders.

Thanks,

Jon

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed May 10, 2006 3:08 pm

I'd suggest deleting your current shadow folder configuration, restarting IIS, then recreating the shadow folders. Just for the sake of troubleshooting, I'd suggest shadowing just one directory for now.

There was a lot of extraneous infomation in the shadow folder log file that made it difficult to read. In the shadowfolder web.config file, set "includeLoggingStackTraces" to "false."

Also, set Vault Server logging to "debug" in the Vault Admin Tool->Server Options.

Then modify a file or two in the test directory and see if the shadow folder updates. If not, send me the logs again. Let me know what time you modified the files so I can look for it in the logs.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

JonShrout

Post by JonShrout » Thu May 11, 2006 5:52 am

I deleted my shadow folder configuration, set Vault Server logging to "debug", set "includeLoggingStackTraces" to "false”, restarted IIS, then recreated shadow folder for just one directory.

I then modified a file to see if the shadow folder updates. It did not so I sent the logs again.

Thanks,

Jon

JonShrout

Post by JonShrout » Fri May 12, 2006 3:57 pm

RESOLVED!!!

It was a .NET Framework 1.1 issue.

I resolved it by manually repairing the .NET Framework 1.1 as described here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830646

NOTE: After repairing the 1.1 Framework, Vault worked fine but it seemed to cause some problems with the 2.0 Framework. I did another repair on the 2.0 Framework and all is well.

Thanks for all your efforts to help me get this resolved.

Jon