check in does not deploy to website

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

LyndaPostal

check in does not deploy to website

Post by LyndaPostal » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:42 am

:?
please ... someone help

I've started this post: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6013

I've set shadow folders ... when I tried to set IIS in 5.x mode, it let me but then I got errors in Vault Client and VS 2005 ... file expecting filetype 'text/xml' but is reporting 'text/html' so I unchecked Run WWW Service in IIS 5.0 Isolation Mode in the Service tab of Web Sites Properties for the Default Website

Checkin is NOT deploying the new files to the server. I understand that all is stored in SQL. and I've read the topics in the Vault Admin documents where it said:
Windows 2003 Note: Running Shadow Folders on Windows 2003 requires additional configuration because default security settings for W2K3 require the Shadow Folder service to run under an impersonated account. See a knowledge base article at http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=536 for more information.
Note on UNC paths: If you want to shadow files to a UNC path (e.g, one that you specify as //machinename/folder, rather than one that is local to the Vault server), there are also additional configuration steps required. See a knowledge base article at http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=188 for more information.
and none of this made any sense to me. I own the server and I can do most of what I need to do, but I don't know enough to make these changes. :oops:

I really need to get deployment working. I've made changes to files, but cannot even upload them unless I open up the page in notepad and copy and paste from local to the server ...

Yes, I know I can un-install Vault, but I need to get it all working. And getting the files to deploy is the last step.

Please help
Attachments
vaultshadowfolderservice.txt
here is the log file ...
(46.51 KiB) Downloaded 611 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:35 pm

The latest version of Vault doesn't need quite as much special configuration as the KB articles indicate.

Your shadow folder log shows many errors like these:
Access to the path 'D:\www\hoosierangler.com\html\HoosierAngler' is denied.

Access to the path 'D:\www\efolkmusic.org\ArtistArea\ArtistAdmin\efolkMusic' is denied.
This means the account used by the Vault Server does not have access to the shadow folder directories and cannot write the files.

I could use more information about your configuration.

--It sounds like the Vault Server installed on a Windows 2003 server machine. Is that correct?

-- Is the Vault Server machine on a network or a workgroup? If it's on a regular network (domain) you don't need to use IIS 5 isolation mode.

--Where is your shadow folder? Is it on the same machine as the Vault Server or on a different machine?

--What Windows account is the Vault Server using? To find, out, check the Vault Server log (sgvault.log in C:\Windows\Temp\sgvault on the server machine). Look for a section like this:
4/20/2006 9:15:12 PM sgvaultsystem--()--
System Started
Version 3.1.8.3771
<snip>
SGVault Server URL = http://yourmachine/VaultService
Identity = NETWORK SERVICE <or some other account>
The "Identity=" line tells what account Vault is using.

If the shadow folders are on the same machine and Vault is using the Network Service account, make sure Network Service has read/write access to each of the shadow folders.

If shadow folders are on a different machine, let me know as this takes additional configuration.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

LyndaPostal

More information as requested

Post by LyndaPostal » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:00 am

it is on a win3k server ...
my Vault is on the same machine as my websites

in the log file it says: 4/30/2006 3:39:41 AM <generic>: [<No Name>:2564] Vault's Shadow Folders encountered an exception attempting to get the files for Default Repository. The Shadow Folders for the repository may not be syncrhonized with the Vault Server.Access to the path 'd:\www\efolkmusic.org\ArtistArea\ArtistAdmin\efolkMusic' is denied.

this folder does not exist on the drive ... but it is shown in the Vault client. I am afraid that I have tried so many things to get it to work that I have really messed something up. Should I delete 'ArtistArea\ArtistAdmin\efolkMusic' from the repository? and then reset my shadow folders in my Vault Server Admin tool? I also re-ran setup and set the Default Website as my server location (I selected efolkmusic.org from the website dropdown list when I initially installed Vault, I have subsequently 're-installed' using the Default Website)

like I said, I have tried so many things that I think I have really messed something up.

let me know

Thank you
Lynda
Attachments
060423sgvault.txt
(35.77 KiB) Downloaded 706 times
vaultshadowfolderservice.txt
(54.79 KiB) Downloaded 627 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Let's try to resolve this by phone. Email linda at sourcegear.com with your phone number and the best time to call on Monday (tomorrow). Let me know what time zone you're in. We're in Central time.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

LyndaPostal

Post by LyndaPostal » Mon May 01, 2006 2:28 pm

here they are
Attachments
shadowService.txt
(139.5 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
sgVault.txt
(1007.51 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
sgVault.txt
(1007.51 KiB) Downloaded 624 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon May 01, 2006 3:28 pm

This user was shadowing to a folder with pre-existing files, which the Shadow Folder service can't update.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

LyndaPostal

Post by LyndaPostal » Tue May 02, 2006 6:17 am

Hi Linda

What I did is rename the efolkmusic.org folder to efolkmusicorg

then created a new efolkmusic.org folder and set that as my repository. Vault copied all the files from efolkmusicorg to efolkmusic.org and it all works now (and I am so pleased)

thank you so much for your help ... 10 brownie points for service above and beyond the call

thank you for all of your help, it would have been impossible without you

Lynda :D

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue May 02, 2006 7:47 am

Thanks for the kind words. Glad all is working now! :)
Linda Bauer
SourceGear